AT MY STUDIO:
You will save money at my studio because I calculate tuition by the month and not per lesson. The cost of lessons is a flat fee of $105/month or $95/month if you qualify for the discounted rate. Tuition is the same every month. There is NO registration fee.
WHAT YOU WOULD PAY SOMEWHERE ELSE:
Local music stores will charge you $25-$30 per lesson which means some months you would pay $100-$140 and other months you will pay $125-$150 (depending on whether the month has 4 or 5 lessons) Additionally, at some music stores they require a registration fee of up to $35.
1. STUDENT AGREES to abide by the terms and conditions stated herein.
2. THE TUITION COST for guitar lessons is a flat rate of $105 per month and is due at the first lesson of the month. This is for weekly one half hour guitar lessons. In the instance that a one hour lesson is required, or the case in which another family member also takes lessons from this studio, the second weekly half hour is discounted to the rate of $95 per month. An early-bird discount applies for weekday lesson times 2:30pm or earlier. The early-bird rate is $95 per month. Checks should be made out to “Jon Aaron Martin Inc”.
3. TUITION COST IS BASED ON a four week month. Student will likely receive several free lessons a year considering the presence of five week months. Thus are the listed holidays and vacation days compensated for. The "non-vacation" holiday dates will be credited at the rate of $26.25 per lesson, or $23.75 per lesson for the discounted rate.
4. VACATION DAYS: There will be no lessons the 3rd full week of June, the 3rd full week of July, the 3rd full week of August, the week of Thanksgiving, and December 24-30th. As stated above, this vacation time is already factored into the cost of lessons for the year given the presence of 5 week months. Tuition for these months will be paid the same as normal
5. NON-VACATION HOLIDAYS: Additionally, there will be no lessons on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. If your lesson falls on one of these "non-vacation" holidays you will receive a credit of $26.25 to compensate for the missed lesson or $23.75 for the discounted rate.
6. STUDENT AGREES to give twenty-four hour notice when canceling any given lesson. Student understands that failure to give twenty-four hour notice negates their option to reschedule the lesson in question. If twenty-four hour notice is given, the instructor will offer the opportunity to reschedule dependent upon the availability of openings. In any case the students’ payment reserves their lesson time whether or not they attend their lesson. The instructor will not be held responsible to reschedule any given lesson, or to have an available makeup lesson that fits into the student’s schedule. Cancellation due to inclement weather will be treated like any cancellation. In the case of a snow storm, the instructor will expect the students’ attendance, unless notified otherwise by the student.
7. STUDENT AGREES to submit thirty days written notice when terminating his or her lessons.
8. IT IS UNDERSTOOD that the instructor reserves the right not to teach music that he or she deems as inappropriate, or as having questionable content. (i.e. bad language, sexual content, drug related, and or occult related/goth type content.)
9. NEITHER JON AARON MARTIN INC. OR THE INSTRUCTOR WILL BE HELD LIABLE for any personal injury sustained to the student and those present during the lesson or at any time at the location of the music lesson.